Bruschetta with raw ham and roasted fig
Figs and goat cheese are a match made in heaven! And when you roast them in the Big Green Egg, as we do in this bruschetta recipe, they only get better. Serve the bruschetta as a simple side dish, or perhaps as a snack to go with drinks.
For the bruschetta
- 8 fresh figs
- 60 g goat cheese
- 8 slices of brown farmhouse bread, or your choice of bread
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 clove of garlic
- 8 slices of raw ham
- balsamic vinegar crème
PREPARATION IN ADVANCE
- Ignite the charcoal in the Big Green Egg and heat, with the convEGGtor and the grid, to a temperature of 200°C.
- Meanwhile, cut the stems from the figs and slice them partway through diagonally. Cut the goat cheese into 8 pieces and stuff each fig with a piece of cheese. Place the figs in an oven dish.
- Place the oven dish on the grid and close the lid of the EGG. Roast the figs for approx. 10 minutes. Meanwhile, brush the slices of bread with olive oil and briefly grill them on both sides.
- Peel and halve the garlic, and rub one side of the bread with it. Top with a slice of raw ham.
- Remove the dish from the EGG. On each bruschetta, place a roasted fig. Sprinkle with the balsamic vinegar crème.
If you would like to receive your dose of inspiration by e-mail, then register for our monthly newsletter Inspiration Today and add some more flavour to your inbox. That’s all you have to do to receive the most delicious recipes, inspiring seasonal menus, practical tips and much, much more!