Club sandwich with grilled celeriac, portobello mushrooms and goat cheese
You can quickly and easily prepare a delicious club sandwich with grilled celeriac, portobello mushrooms and sourdough bread. A delicious vegetarian recipe from the Big Green Egg!
For the sandwich
- ½ celeriac
- 6 portobello mushrooms
- olive oil
- 6 thin slices of sourdough bread
- 200 g soft goat cheese
PREPARATION IN ADVANCE
- Peel the celeriac and cut into slices of approx. 3 millimetres using a slicer or mandolin. Cut the portobello mushrooms into slices of approx. 1 cm. Place the celeriac and portobello mushroom slices in a bowl and sprinkle with olive oil until well covered. Season with salt and pepper to taste and allow to marinate at room temperature for approx. 1 hour.
- Ignite the charcoal in the Big Green Egg and heat, with the Cast Iron Grid, to a temperature of 160°C.
- Place the celeriac and portobello slices on the Cast Iron Grid. Close the lid of the EGG and grill for about 2.5 minutes. Turn the slices and grill for another 2.5 minutes. Briefly grill both sides of the sourdough bread on the grid during the final minutes (or right after you have grilled the vegetables).
- Spread the goat cheese on the warm bread slices. Share the grilled portobello and celeriac over the four slices of bread and sprinkle with cress. Pile the slices of bread on top of each other, making sure that the goat cheese spread on the top two slices is facing down.
- Cut the club sandwich into segments and pierce with some cocktail sticks.
If you would like to receive your dose of inspiration by e-mail, then register for our monthly newsletter Inspiration Today and add some more flavour to your inbox. That’s all you have to do to receive the most delicious recipes, inspiring seasonal menus, practical tips and much, much more!