Banana smoked in cedar wood with chocolate and pistachio
A Kamado, such as the Big Green Egg, is often used for smoking meat and fish. But did you know that smoked banana is also quite delicious? In this recipe, we will explain how to easily make a spectacular dessert with banana, chocolate and pistachio.
- 25 g shelled pistachios
- 10 g grated coconut
- 100 g dark chocolate
- 4 not too ripe bananas
- vanilla ice cream
- 4 cedar wood sheets (to be bought at a BBQ specialist store or cookery shop)
- butcher’s twine
- Ignite the charcoal in the Big Green Egg and heat, with the grid, to 120°C. In the meantime, finely chop the pistachios and mix with the grated coconut. Break the chocolate into pieces and melt au bain-marie.
- Peel the bananas, spread the melted chocolate all over them and sprinkle with the pistachio mix. Wrap each banana in a cedar wood sheet and tie with a piece of butcher’s twine.
- Place the wrapped bananas on the grid and close the lid of the EGG. Allow the bananas to cook for about 10 minutes.
- Remove the wrapped bananas from the EGG and serve while still warm with a scoop of vanilla ice cream. Enjoy!
If you’d like to receive the most delicious recipes by email, register for our newsletter ‘Inspiration Today’ and add more flavour to your inbox. That’s all you have to do to receive the latest news about events, recipes especially for your EGG, practical tips and much, much more!
THE BIG GREEN EGG COMMUNITY
Let yourself be inspired and learn to do more with your Big Green Egg! Submerge yourself in a world full of culinary possibilities. Ask your questions and share your experiences via Facebook (biggreeneggeu) and Instagram (biggreeneggeu). Tag @biggreeneggeu, use the hashtags #TheEvergreen and #forevergreen and get featured! We create beautiful memories. Are you in?