Christmas loaf with cranberry compote
Were you planning on baking a delicious Christmas loaf for the holidays? The Big Green Egg is the perfect way to do it. Together with the cranberry compote, this Christmas loaf could be an incredibly tasteful and festive conclusion to your Christmas menu!
For the loaf
- 200 g butter, at room temperature + extra for greasing the tin
- 100g dried apricots
- 150 g caster sugar
- 4 eggs
- 100 g flour
- 150 g self-raising flour
- 100 g dried cranberries
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- icing sugar
For the cranberry compote
- 150 g fresh cranberries
- 50 g dried apricots
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 75 g sugar
- 100 ml water
- Ignite the Big Green Egg and heat, with the convEGGtor and the Stainless Steel Grid, to 180°C. Grease a Gugelhupf tin with butter. Cut the apricots into small cubes.
- Beat the butter with the sugar in a mixing bowl until fluffy. Beat the eggs and mix in, one by one. Fold the flour and subsequently the self-raising flour through the mixture. Finally, fold the apricot cubes, cranberries and cinnamon through the batter. Pour the batter into the greased tin and spread evenly. Place the tin on the grid and close the lid of the EGG. Bake the Christmas loaf for approx. 45 minutes until golden brown and done.
- Place the Cast Iron Sauce Pot on the grid about 20 minutes before the loaf is done and add all the ingredients for the cranberry compote. Pour 100 ml of water into the pan and close the lid of the EGG. Leave to cook for about 20 minutes. Occasionally stir the compote and, if necessary, add some water.
- Remove the Gugelhupf tin and the Cast Iron Sauce Pot with the compote from the EGG. Remove the Christmas loaf from the tin, place it on a plate and leave the compote to cool.
- Place the Christmas loaf on a festive dish and sprinkle with icing sugar. Serve with the cranberry compote.
If you would like to receive your dose of inspiration by e-mail, then register for our monthly newsletter Inspiration Today and add some more flavour to your inbox. That’s all you have to do to receive the most delicious recipes, inspiring seasonal menus, practical tips and much, much more!