Have you ever made Flammkuchen yourself? Using the convEGGtor and the Baking Stone, you can easily convert the Big Green Egg into a stone oven. Perfect for making your own Flammkuchen! You can make the Flammkuchen dough for the base yourself, as described in this recipe, or you can use a ready-made base.
- 350 g (white) durum flour + extra for dusting
- 7 g dry yeast
- 7 g salt
- 210 ml water
- 2 tbsp sunflower oil
- 2 red onions
- 200 g crème fraîche
- 250 g bacon strips
- 100 g grated Parmesan cheese
- Put all of the ingredients for the base in a food processor with a dough hook. Leave the machine to run for about 15 minutes until the dough is flexible and cohesive.
- Wrap the dough in cling film and let it rest for 20 minutes at room temperature.
- Meanwhile, ignite the charcoal in the Big Green Egg and heat with the convEGGtor, the grid and the Baking Stone to 250°C. For the topping, peel the red onions, cut into quarters and then into strips.
- Divide the dough into 6 pieces of the same size and roll each piece of dough into a little ball. Lightly dust your worktop with flour and roll out one of the dough balls as thinly as possible.
- For the topping, brush the base with one sixth of the crème fraîche, leaving an edge of about 2 cm. Top with one sixth of the onions and the bacon and sprinkle with a generous tablespoon of Parmesan cheese.
- Dust the Aluminium Pizza Peel and the Baking Stone with flour. Place the Flammkuchen on the Baking Stone using the pizza peel and close the lid of the EGG. Bake the Flammkuchen for about 8 minutes until golden brown and crispy. In the meantime, you can roll out the next Flammkuchen base and add the topping.
- Remove the Flammkuchen from the EGG using the peel and cut into slices using the Compact Pizza Cutter. Bake the remaining Flammkuchen in the same way.
Visit our Fan Shop!
The real EGG fan will always stand out due to his passion for food and because he prefers to spend his time in front of his Big Green Egg. Then again, his hoodie and socks may be a dead giveaway. You can find these and other original gift tips in our Fan Shop.