How do you prepare the perfect venison steak? On the Big Green Egg! A lovely piece of game, such as venison fillet, deserves to be prepared right. Using this recipe that serves 6, it will only take 20 minutes to prepare a perfect Big Green Egg flavoured venison steak with a lovely grill pattern.
For the venison steak
- 1 venison fillet, of about 1.5 kg
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Ignite the charcoal in the Big Green Egg and heat, with the Cast Iron Grid, to a temperature of 250°C. Cut the skin from the fillet, or have the poulterer do this for you. Cut the venison fillet into six equal slices.
- Place the venison fillets on the grid and close the lid of the EGG. Turn the meat a quarter turn after approximately 2 minutes and close the lid again. Flip the meat after another 2 minutes, and repeat to create a lovely grill pattern on both sides.
- Remove the venison fillets from the EGG and cover loosely with aluminium foil. Allow the meat to rest for approx. 4 minutes before cutting it.
If you would like to receive your dose of inspiration by e-mail, then register for our monthly newsletter Inspiration Today and add some more flavour to your inbox. That’s all you have to do to receive the most delicious recipes, inspiring seasonal menus, practical tips and much, much more!