Samosas filled with spinach and feta
Have you ever had a samosa? Thanks to this vegetarian recipe, you can make this delicious snack, where a filling of your choice is wrapped in delicious crispy layers of filo pastry, in your Big Green Egg from now on. Usually they are deep-fried, but the extra touch of flavour from the kamado makes them even tastier!
- 1 small onion
- 1 clove of garlic
- 500 g leaf spinach
- 15 g butter
- 3 sprigs of dill
- 50 ml mild olive oil
- 3 sheets of fresh filo pastry
- 200 g feta cheese
- 2 egg yolks
- 2 tbsp Panko breadcrumbs
- 2 spring onions
- 10 coriander leaves
- 100 ml sweet chilli sauce
- Place the Green Dutch Oven on the grid. Add the butter and allow it to melt. Add the onion, garlic and spinach and simmer for 3-4 minutes until the spinach has shrunk. Close the lid of the EGG after each operation.
- Tip the spinach into a sieve and gently squeeze out as much of the liquid as possible. Transfer to a cutting board and finely chop the spinach. Add to a bowl and set aside. Remove the grid and place the convEGGtor in the EGG. Put the grid back, place the Baking Stone on top and close the lid of the EGG. Bring the temperature back up to 220 °C.
- Remove the leaves from the sprigs of dill, chop finely and mix with the olive oil. Roll out the sheets of filo pastry. Brush a sheet of filo pastry with the dill oil. Place a new sheet on top of this and brush it with the oil as well. Place the last sheet on top and brush with the oil again.
- Crumble the feta over the bowl of spinach. Add the egg yolks, Panko breadcrumbs and salt and pepper to taste, and mix this filling well.
- Lay the sheets of filo pastry one on top of the other, with the long side facing you on the work surface. Cut them lengthwise into three equal pieces. Cut these into triangles with the long side being about 15 centimetres.
- Place a triangle of the three layers of filo pastry with the long side facing you on your work surface. Spoon about half a tablespoon of the filling in the centre. Fold the top corner down over the filling and fold the sides over the triangle. Repeat the process with the rest of the pastry and filling.
- Place the samosas on the Baking Stone. Close the lid of the EGG and bake for 10-12 minutes until golden brown. Meanwhile, for the sauce, cut the spring onions into thin rings and the coriander leaves finely and mix them into the sweet chilli sauce.
- Take the samosas out of the Big Green Egg and serve with the sauce.
If you’d like to receive the most delicious recipes by email, register for our newsletter ‘Inspiration Today’ and add more flavour to your inbox. That’s all you have to do to receive the latest news about events, recipes especially for your EGG, practical tips and much, much more!
THE BIG GREEN EGG COMMUNITY
Nechte se inspirovat a naučte se více s Big Green Egg! Ponořte se do světa plného kulinářských možností. Zeptejte se na co potřebujete a podělte se o své zkušenosti přes Facebook (BigGreenEggCZE). Použijte hashtags #Evergreen a #forevergreen a čerpejte inspirace! Vytváříme krásné vzpomínky. Buďte jejich součástí!