Pita bun with Iberico rib fingers
Do you love the taste of spareribs, but is gnawing not your thing? Then these Iberico rib fingers from the Big Green Egg would definitely be for you! Because rib fingers are spareribs, but without the bone. They are delicious as a snack or served on a pita bun.
- 1 kg Iberico rib fingers (boneless spareribs)
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp madras curry powder
- 1 tbsp smoked paprika powder (sweet)
- 1 tbsp coarse sea salt
- 2 tbsp black bean and garlic sauce
- 2 tbsp oyster sauce
- 2 tbsp ginger syrup
- ¼ cucumber
- ¼ red Spanish chilli pepper
- 1 spring onion
- 8 pita buns (or make them yourself )
- 8 sprigs of coriander
PREPARATION IN ADVANCE
- Ignite the charcoal in the Big Green Egg and heat, with the convEGGtor, the Disposable Drip Pan and the Stainless Steel Grid, to a temperature of 140°C.
- Meanwhile, put the rib fingers in a bowl. Peel and finely chop the garlic. Drizzle the rib fingers with the olive oil and mix well. Sprinkle with the paprika powder, the curry powder, the sea salt and the garlic and rub the rib fingers with the flavouring.
- Distribute the rib fingers over the round Perforated Cooking Grid, place on the grid and close the lid of the EGG. Let the ribs cook for approx. 2 hours.
- Remove the Grid with the rib fingers from the EGG and put them in the Round Drip Pan. Heat the EGG to 180ºC.
- Mix the ingredients for the glaze and brush the rib fingers with it. Put the Drip Pan on the grid and close the lid of the EGG. Let the rib fingers cook for approx. 15 more minutes and brush them 2 or 3 more times with the glaze as they cook. Meanwhile, prior to serving, cut the cucumber into very thin strips. Remove the stem and seeds from the chilli pepper and slice the spring onion into thin rings.
- Remove the rib fingers from the EGG. Cut open the pita buns and top with the rib fingers. Garnish with the cucumber strips, the chilli pepper, the spring onion and a sprig of coriander.
If you make the pita buns yourself with this recipe, you will have more buns than you need for the rib finger recipe. Wrap the remaining pita buns and save them for the next day or keep them in the freezer. You can heat the buns on the EGG or in a toaster when you want to use them.
If you’d like to receive the most delicious recipes by email, register for our newsletter ‘Inspiration Today’ and add more flavour to your inbox. That’s all you have to do to receive the latest news about events, recipes especially for your EGG, practical tips and much, much more!
THE BIG GREEN EGG COMMUNITY
Let yourself be inspired and learn to do more with your Big Green Egg! Submerge yourself in a world full of culinary possibilities. Ask your questions and share your experiences via Facebook (biggreeneggeu) and Instagram (biggreeneggeu). Tag @biggreeneggeu, use the hashtags #TheEvergreen and #forevergreen and get featured! We create beautiful memories. Are you in?