Leg of goat satay
The Big Green Egg lends itself particularly well to experimentation, not only in terms of the many preparation possibilities, but also in terms of ingredients. Have you ever eaten goat kid, for example? This still relatively unknown ingredient is a true delicacy that can be prepared in many ways. In this recipe, we will grill the goat kid meat on skewers and serve it wrapped in lettuce leaves. Quick and surprisingly tasty!
For the satay
- 600 g goat meat (from the leg)
- 1 cucumber
- 3 tomatoes
- 8 lettuce leaves
- crispy fried onions
- chilli sauce
For the marinade
- 1 shallot
- 3 cloves of garlic
- ½ red chilli pepper
- 150 ml Ketjap Manis (sweet Indonesian soy sauce)
- 45ml soybean oil
- juice of 1 lemon
- 1 tbsp sugar
- ¼ tsp salt
PREPARATION IN ADVANCE
- Slice the goat meat into thin strips and thread them in a winding manner onto eight satay skewers. For the marinade, peel and chop the shallot and the garlic. Remove the stem and the seeds from the chilli pepper and slice it thinly. Mix together the shallot, garlic and chilli pepper with the other ingredients for the marinade. Place the satay skewers in the marinade and refrigerate for 60 minutes.
- In the meantime, peel the cucumber. Cut the tomatoes in half, remove the seeds and finely dice the cucumber and tomatoes.
- Heat up the Big Green Egg, with the Cast Iron Grid, to 220°C.
- Grill the skewers for approximately 8 minutes, turning them over after about 4 minutes, until done. Place the lettuce on a platter or on individual plates. Place one grilled skewer on each lettuce leaf, and then garnish with the cucumber, tomato and fried onions. Remove the skewer and spoon on some chilli sauce. Roll up the lettuce leaf and eat as a wrap.
If you would like to receive your dose of inspiration by e-mail, then register for our monthly newsletter Inspiration Today and add some more flavour to your inbox. That’s all you have to do to receive the most delicious recipes, inspiring seasonal menus, practical tips and much, much more!