Preparing a tasty meal on your Big Green Egg and want to start preparing your lunch for the next day? Then this gazpacho to go recipe is ideal. You can grill the vegetables on your kamado in no time, giving the gazpacho a delicious roasting taste. Prepare the garnish in advance in order to quickly and easily put together a delicious gazpacho deluxe for at the office or on the go. You’ll amaze your colleagues with your cooking skills. Staying home? This dish is also a healthy and tasty lunch or a fresh summer starter.
- 1 red pepper
- 1 onion
- 8 green asparagus
- 4 celery stalks
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 little gem lettuces
- 4 large tomatoes
- 1 cucumber
- 2 tbsp mild olive oil, plus extra for greasing
- 2 sprigs of basil
- 4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Worcestershire sauce, to taste
- Tabasco, to taste
- ½ fennel bulb
- 2 radishes
- 1 125 g roll of soft goat cheese
- 2 sprigs of basil
- 16 green olives, pitted
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Heat the Big Green Egg with the Cast Iron Grid to 200°C.
- Meanwhile, cut the pepper in half, and remove the stem and seeds. Peel the onion and cut it in half widthwise. Remove the hard ends of the asparagus. Cut the tops of the celery stalks and put the tops aside in the refrigerator for the garnish. Peel the garlic and cut the clove in half lengthwise. Cut the little gems in half lengthwise. Drizzle the vegetables with the mild olive oil.
- Grease the grid with olive oil using a paper towel. Place the pepper, onion, asparagus, celery and tomatoes on the grid. Place the halved garlic on the onion or inside the pepper. Close the lid of the EGG and grill for about 4 minutes.
- Turn the vegetables, potentially place the garlic on top of another vegetable, and place the little gem on the grid. Close the lid of the EGG and grill the vegetables for another 4 minutes. Turn the little gem over after about 2 minutes.
- Remove the vegetables from the EGG and leave to cool.
- Set the grilled asparagus and little gem aside in the fridge for the garnish. Cut about 8 centimetres from the cucumber and cut 8 strips lengthwise for the garnish. Cut the remainder of the cucumber, the grilled pepper, onion, celery and tomato into chunks.
- Grind the chopped vegetables with the basil, extra virgin olive oil and a few drops of Worcestershire sauce and Tabasco in a blender. Add salt and pepper to taste and rub through a sieve. Pour it into a bottle, which can be closed tightly in order to be shaken, and leave the gazpacho in the fridge for at least 1 hour.
- For the garnish you have already kept the tops of the celery, the asparagus, the little gem and the cucumber strips separate. Thinly slice the fennel and halve the radishes. Place all garnishes in a separate container.
- Just before serving, cut the goat cheese into 4 equal pieces and pluck the leaves from the basil. Divide the garnish, except the olive oil, across the plates. Shake the gazpacho well and pour it around the garnish on the plates and finally drizzle the extra virgin olive oil over it.
If you’d like to receive the most delicious recipes by email, register for our newsletter ‘Inspiration Today’ and add more flavour to your inbox. That’s all you have to do to receive the latest news about events, recipes especially for your EGG, practical tips and much, much more!
THE BIG GREEN EGG COMMUNITY
Let yourself be inspired and learn to do more with your Big Green Egg! Submerge yourself in a world full of culinary possibilities. Ask your questions and share your experiences via Facebook (biggreeneggeu) and Instagram (biggreeneggeu). Tag @biggreeneggeu, use the hashtags #TheEvergreen and #forevergreen and get featured! We create beautiful memories. Are you in?