Grilled mango with ginger-coconut biscuits and a mango smoothie
You can make deliciously fruity desserts with mango. In this recipe, we grill the mango on the Big Green Egg and bake some lovely ginger-coconut biscuits to go with it. We will use the remaining flesh of the mango for a mango smoothie. An easy-to-prepare dessert with a tropical edge!
For the mangoes
- 50 g stem ginger
- 150 g grated coconut
- 150 g condensed milk
- 2 large ripe mangoes
- 100 ml ginger syrup
- 500 ml yoghurt
- ½ red chilli pepper
- 1 tbsp sunflower oil
PREPARATION IN ADVANCE
- Finely chop the stem ginger. Mix it and the grated coconut into the condensed milk. Place the ginger-coconut mixture in the refrigerator for approx. 30 minutes.
- Light the charcoal in the Big Green Egg and heat to a temperature of 180°C with the Cast Iron Grid and the Half Moon Cast Iron Grid in place.
- In the meantime, wash the mangos and cut off the flesh on both sides along the stone so that you are left with four slices on the skin. Cut the mango flesh of the slices in a shallow cross pattern just to the skin. Cut the remaining flesh from the stone and remove the peel. When doing so, remove as much flesh from the stone as possible. Place the mango flesh together with 50 ml of the ginger syrup and the yoghurt in a blender and blend until smooth. Store in the fridge until ready to serve.
- Remove the stem and seeds from the chilli pepper. Finely chop the chilli pepper and mix with the remaining ginger syrup.
- If necessary, use a small ice cream scoop to make small balls (approx. Ø 2 cm) of the ginger-coconut mix. Flatten them in preparation of making cookies.
- Very lightly brush the Cast Iron Griddle Half Moon with sunflower oil. Place the ginger-coconut cookies on the Cast Iron Griddle Half Moon and four slices of mango on the Cast Iron Grid. Bake the ginger-coconut cookies for several minutes until golden brown on both sides. Grill the slices of mango for several minutes on both sides until they are hot and have a nice grill stripe.
- Remove the smoothie from the refrigerator and pour into four glasses. On each plate, place a slice of grilled mango. Top with some of the ginger syrup and chilli pepper mixture. Distribute the cookies across the plates and serve with the smoothie.
If you would like to receive your dose of inspiration by e-mail, then register for our monthly newsletter Inspiration Today and add some more flavour to your inbox. That’s all you have to do to receive the most delicious recipes, inspiring seasonal menus, practical tips and much, much more!