Tempeh is a cake made of fermented soya beans. It’s extremely nutritious and as a result, this fried tempeh is a very healthy side dish with an Indonesian twist.
- 400 g tempeh
- 1 tbsp curry powder
- sea salt
- 6 tbsp sunflower oil
- 2-3 tbsp ketjap manis
PREPARATION IN ADVANCE
- Ignite the charcoal in the Big Green Egg and heat, with the convEGGtor, the grid and the Half Moon Cast Iron Plancha Griddle (with the smooth side up), to a temperature of 200°C.
- Meanwhile, cut the tempeh into 8 slices of approx. 1 cm thick. Sprinkle them on both sides with the curry powder and sea salt to taste.
- Heat the sunflower oil on the griddle. Place the sliced tempeh on the griddle and close the lid of the EGG. Fry the tempeh for about 6 minutes.
- Flip the sliced tempeh and fry for another 6 minutes.
- Remove the tempeh from the EGG. Sprinkle with ketjap and maybe some additional sea salt to taste.
If you would like to receive your dose of inspiration by e-mail, then register for our monthly newsletter Inspiration Today and add some more flavour to your inbox. That’s all you have to do to receive the most delicious recipes, inspiring seasonal menus, practical tips and much, much more!