This video shows you an easy recipe for making delicious Brioche Bread on the Big Green Egg. Perfect to make french toast with or to have with jam, fresh fruits, (melted) chocolate, ice cream or anything else you like!
- 235g butter, at room temperature + extra to grease the pan
- 50 ml milk
- 7g dry yeast
- 350g flour
- 20g sugar
- ¼ tsp salt
- 4 eggs
- Beat the butter until airy in a food processor or in a mixing bowl with the electric mixer. In the meantime, heat the milk to lukewarm and dissolve the yeast in it. Beat the flour, the sugar and a pinch of salt through the butter and add the milk. Add the eggs one by one and mix into a nice smooth batter.
- Grease a cake form with butter and scoop the batter into it. Cover with plastic wrap and leave to rise in a warm place for 2 hours. Do not place the form on a cold counter, but on a wooden cutting board, for example.
- Ignite the charcoal in the Big Green Egg and heat, with the convEGGtor and the grid, to 200 °C.
- Remove the plastic wrap, place the cake form on the grid and close the EGG lid. Bake the bread until golden brown in 40-45 minutes. To make sure the bread is fully baked, stick a toothpick into the core of the bread. If the toothpick comes out dry, the bread is fully baked. If necessary, place the cake form back in the oven and check again 5 minutes later.
- Remove the cake form from the EGG and allow the bread to cool for 30 minutes.
- Take the bread out of the form and cut into slices.
- Delicious with butter, jam and crème fraîche.
If you would like to receive your dose of inspiration by e-mail, then register for our monthly newsletter Inspiration Today and add some more flavour to your inbox. That’s all you have to do to receive the most delicious recipes, inspiring seasonal menus, practical tips and much, much more!