This video shows you how to make mussels with a twist. This easy mussels recipe uses Asian flavours like coconut milk, chili pepper and ginger to create a very delicious dish!
- 2 kg mussels
- 3 onions
- 6 cloves of garlic
- 3 cm fresh ginger
- 1 red chilli pepper
- 4 tbsp sunflower oil
- 1 tbsp curry powder
- 1 tsp ground turmeric
- 1 tsp ground cardamom
- 400 ml coconut cream
- artisan white bread to serve on the side
- Ignite the charcoal in the Big Green Egg and heat, with the grid and the Green Dutch Oven on top of it, to 180°C. In the meantime, rinse the mussels under cold running water. Discard open or broken ones.
- Peel the onions and the garlic. Peel the ginger and remove the stem from the chilli pepper. Finely slice these ingredients.
- Heat up the sunflower oil in the Dutch Oven and add the sliced ingredients and the spices. Close the lid of the EGG and leave to cook for a few minutes until the onions are glossy. Stir occasionally while everything is cooking.
- Add the mussels, stir and then add the coconut cream. Close the lid of the EGG and let the mussels cook for approximately 5 minutes, stirring regularly.
- Check whether the mussels have opened and season to taste with salt and pepper. Serve the mussels with the bread.
If you would like to receive your dose of inspiration by e-mail, then register for our monthly newsletter Inspiration Today and add some more flavour to your inbox. That’s all you have to do to receive the most delicious recipes, inspiring seasonal menus, practical tips and much, much more!