Curry-coffee chicken skewers with chilli sauce
You may have seen recipes where ground coffee was used as a rub component. It adds a pleasant, slightly bitter and full flavour. In this chicken thigh fillet recipe, the coffee combined with the curry powder will have the same effect. You could, of course, decide to leave the chicken thigh fillets whole and grill them after rubbing them with the curry-coffee mixture. In this case, you will need to observe a slightly longer preparation time to make sure that the meat is done. You could always measure the core temperature and in this case, you should aim for a temperature of at least 70 °C.
For the skewers
- 4 chicken thigh fillets
- 4 tbsp curry powder
- 4 tbsp ground coffee
- 1 tsp fine sea salt
- 8 tbsp sweet chilli sauce
- Ignite the charcoal in the Big Green Egg and heat, with the Cast Iron Grid, to a temperature of 220°C.
- Meanwhile, cut the chicken thigh fillets into 2 cm cubes. Mix the curry powder with the ground coffee and sea salt. Rub the mixture into the chicken cubes and then skewer them on 12 small sticks.
- Place the skewered chicken on the grid of the Big Green Egg. Close the lid and grill for approx. 4-5 minutes. Turn the chicken over and grill for another 4-5 minutes until done.
- Remove the skewers from the grid and serve with the chilli sauce.
If you would like to receive your dose of inspiration by e-mail, then register for our monthly newsletter Inspiration Today and add some more flavour to your inbox. That’s all you have to do to receive the most delicious recipes, inspiring seasonal menus, practical tips and much, much more!