Sticky tofu bites
Want to make a vegetarian party snack in your Big Green Egg? Watch this! This tofu recipe to make in your kamado is simple, quick and incredibly delicious. You don’t need to marinate the tofu in advance. Simply add the seasonings to the skillet. Preparing tofu is really easy this way.
- Place the Cast Iron Skillet Small on the grid, and heat the sunflower oil in the pan.
- Add the tofu cubes, and fry for 8-10 minutes until the cubes are crispy and start to brown. Stir the tofu occasionally, closing the lid of the EGG after each operaion.
- Sprinkle the tofu cubes with the pork rub, and drizzle with the maple syrup. Stir through, close the lid of the EGG, and let the tofu caramelise for 2-3 minutes. Stir the tofu again occasionally, closing the lid of the EGG after each operation.
- Deglaze the tofu with the red wine, and fry for 4-5 minutes until the tofu is nice and sticky. Stir the tofu again occasionally.
- Sprinkle the tofu cubes with the sesame seeds, and remove the skillet from the EGG. Place the cubes on a plate, and insert a few cocktail sticks.
If you’d like to receive the most delicious recipes by email, register for our newsletter ‘Inspiration Today’ and add more flavour to your inbox. That’s all you have to do to receive the latest news about events, recipes especially for your EGG, practical tips and much, much more!
THE BIG GREEN EGG COMMUNITY
Let yourself be inspired and learn to do more with your Big Green Egg! Submerge yourself in a world full of culinary possibilities. Ask your questions and share your experiences via Facebook (biggreeneggeu) and Instagram (biggreeneggeu). Tag @biggreeneggeu, use the hashtags #TheEvergreen and #forevergreen and get featured! We create beautiful memories. Are you in?